Wednesday, February 5, 2014

How to Finish a Striped Knitted Scarf


I bet with all the snowy and cold weather you've been knitting your little hearts out.  I love knitting on cold days - it keeps the cabin fever at bay.  Plus, it's amazingly productive.

A few years ago, I learned how to make a striped scarf, which really isn't all that difficult when you realize all you're doing is pulling your yarn from a different source.  However, what I didn't know how to do is finish the ends.  Thankfully, my good friend Virginia over at Scribbles & Bits taught me how to tuck those bad boys in and now I pass along the wisdom to you.

Here's What You Do
If you didn't cut your yarn ends ahead of time, snip them now using sharp scissors.
Take your yarn needle {the big plastic ones with big eyes} - without the yarn threaded - and begin weaving through the first row on the back side of your design {the side with your overlaid stripes}.  Get a few stitches in.
I did a full needle length because I like being ambitious.
NOW thread the yarn through the eye of your needle....
And gently pull...
All the way through...
Until the tail comes out of the eye of the needle.
Gently tug on both sides of the design to even out  and move any pitch that may have resulted from pulling it through.  Where did it go?!

Quick, easy and seamless!

Happy Knitting!


3 comments:

  1. That scarf looks really cute! Glad the weaving in ends tutorial is still helping you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the one of the most important information for me. And I am feeling glad reading your article. The article is really excellent?
    HBCU Letterman Jacket

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips